August 24, 2010

baby gear

This sweet boy has anything and everything a little baby could ever need. Most of it he is not interested in or it has already been stored under his crib for a more petite baby. A few of my pregnant friends have asked for registry suggestions, in no particular order, Jackson's Top 10.

Baby Mirror in the car - Jackson does some serious studying of himself in this mirror. It is even better for mom so you can always keep an eye on the little one.

Crib mobile - This has been a lifesaver, or should I say laundry saver. The only bad thing is it only turns and plays music for 3 minutes. I have tripped one too many times sprinting up the stairs to keep that thing going.

Car Seat - aka, the flying baby calmer. If all else fails during a fussy fit I can put him in his carseat and walk around the house. Don't be too quick to set it down, he always notices.

Blanket - A friend gave us an Aden + Anais swaddle blanket. It is big, light weight, and works like a charm. Jackson just likes to have his bottom swaddled, keeps his hands up at his face, just like his womb pictures. :)

Wee Gallery Art Cards for Baby – Another gift, I thought these cards were kind of cheesy. Jackson begs to differ, the whole black & white contrast thing is apparently very mesmerizing.

Gym mat play thingy – see above.

Diaper Caddy - Great to keep up with diapers, wipes, nail clippers, nose clearers, etc. Ours stay in the den where we do most of the changing.

Pack & Play – So quick and easy to set up and take down. I recommend this exact one for any road trips.

Pampers Diapers – We still buy whatever diapers are on sale or that we have coupons for. But, Pampers are the best fitting. I said I was going to try some cloth diapers… eventually. Any suggestions?

Medela breast pump – This thing is expensive and I hated to buy it, but it works great. Easy to use if I ever want to try and store up a little milk so someone else can feed him. (maybe a date night… hinthint) Do you remember that cheer – Hey ladies, yeah, are you ready, yeah, to P-U-M-P, pump, pump, pump, pump, it up. Always gets stuck in my head when I use this.

2 comments:

  1. Go for the Bum Genius cloth diapers!! I seriously quizzed this girl at work AND her husband about their baby's cool cloth diapers for a good hour. They sold me on them and all I have to diaper is Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to convince Linds to try cloth diapers, especially after reading this post on a blog that I love. It makes it seem like it's totally doable. I say this as someone who only has a dog and no baby yet though:

    http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/08/the-much-requested-cloth-diaper-post/

    ReplyDelete