July 19, 2012

ER


We had our first visit to the ER yesterday.  Thank God all turned out well in the Farris household but what a day.  When people say 'we spent all day in the ER' I never knew they really spent all day in the ER.  Nash had a swollen-red-pussy-itchy belly button yesterday morning when he got up.  I decided to get it checked out at the doctor's office where they sent us right over to the ER to get an ultra-sound to make sure nothing was bothered under the skin. (I won't elaborate on the immediate knot that developed in my throat or how fast my stomach turned) Lucky for Nash, Jackson and I, daddy showed up before we even got there.  Then we had a nice long family day.  We all waited in the waiting room, then we got to wait in the Triage room, then we got to wait in the ER room, then we got to wait in the ultra-sound room, then we got to wait a little more back in our comfy ER room.  The boys were really great.  We watched some TV, colored, played with stuff we shouldn't play with, made friends with all the nurses and worked on our potty training.  We finally headed out around 5:00 with a clear ultra-sound (yeah yeah yeah), prescription for antibiotics and two nap deprived boys.  Hopefully we can get this all cleared up sooner than later!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope Nash feels better soon! Poor guy. Hang in there, momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! I can't believe you still had us for dinner! Y'all are amazing!! Glad it was not serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little fella! What was wrong? Calling you this am!

    ReplyDelete