December 15, 2011

traditions

I love a good family tradition.  My favorite was always Christmas Eve.  My family would and still does go to the 5:00 'Children's Service' at our church.  Then we ride around and look at Christmas lights with Christmas music blaring (this was very painful as a child, now I can appreciate it).  We then head home and have a fancy dinner of leftovers or whatever was in the pantry.  For me it was usually Kraft mac & cheese, a Tostino's pizza and more fudge than a girl should be allowed to handle, mmmm.  Then we placed all of the presents from our immediate family into piles for everyone.  We patiently sat and watched as everyone opened family gifts one by one.  It is glorious!  I hope to continue this tradition with our own growing family.
Another little Christmas tradition that I want to start is Santa Train.  We headed over to the NC Museum of Life and Science this evening to ride the Santa Train.  They have craft projects, face painting, hot chocolate and a train you can ride on to go see Santa Clause.  Jackson was still a little too young to enjoy it but I had a good time!

 One cool thing, is look at all of these awesome lights!

 Ahmm someone get me off this dumb train and don't let Santa get near me...

Best part - All you can eat candy canes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment