March 12, 2012

cooking with kat

We headed to Wilson this past weekend for some quality family time and ACC tournament action.  My mom was attempting to get us to stay the whole week by baking up some of my favorite sweets, it almost worked.  Jackson quickly realized this was something he wanted in on...

 Gradually add flour, mmmkkk, I got this.

 Keep on adding those chocolate chips.

My mama made me do it.

Chewy Bars
1 stick melted butter
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup self rising flower
May add nuts or chocolate chips (do this, duh)

Mix margarine, sugar and egg and vanilla together.  Gradually add flour.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Shake down.  Bake 8 minutes more and shake down. 
And you can always double it... yeah you are gonna want to double it.

No comments:

Post a Comment