May 1, 2018

Just trRyan It!

Jackson and Nash competed in their first triathlon this weekend.  And good news - it was too cold for the swimming part of the triathlon.  This was a sigh of relief for me and the 2 boys that have not swam since last summer.  Biking and running it was!  I entered them both in the 'mini' course, they were mad that I put them in the youngest, shortest one, but I had an inkling they would appreciate it on actual race day.  ;)  It was a perfect Sunday morning for the Just tRyan It , a fundraiser for families fighting childhood cancer.  I am super proud of these boys on their first (maybe last...) biathlon!  They both did exactly as I expected, Nash bobbing his head all cool at the finish and Jackson walking until he heard me cheering for him.  When Jackson crossed the finish line and the first thing he said was 'I'm not going near the longer course.'  It was a whopping 1 mile bike and 1/2 mile run.  :) I said I guess you won't do Cross Country in high school since it is 3 miles. 'So you ran what I just ran 6 times?! Why would you do that?'  Good question, dude.

They all look really nervous...

#1 Aunt Natalie came to cheer them on with a sign!!

Post race family shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment