October 19, 2018

Loss of limbs

It comes as not a very big surprise, but our sweet Theo broke 2 bones in his arm last week.  He was playing baseball in the front yard with his big brothers and tripped while heading to home plate.  I think he tried to catch himself with his left arm on the concrete.  I did not see any of it happen but I do know for certain, he was safe!  Thankfully my mom was already on her way over to baby-sitt while I went to a meeting! Instead I loaded Theo up and took him over to the Orthopedic Urgent care where we have received great care before...  They did X-rays and saw that it was broken in 2 spots.  They then tried to 'snap' it back into place at the clinic.  It sounded very painful and did not work.  We got sent to the ER so an orthopedic surgeon could have a look and we could get our boy some pain meds!  Everything at the hospital went well, slow but well.  They sedated Theo and were able to put his arm back in place while it was under x-ray.  We are hoping that in 6 weeks he will be as good as new.

Sleepy, brave, dirty, nugget.

Daddy made it! On top of all of this, it was Opening Day at the new Jersey Mike's.

All hooked up post sedation and getting it put back in place.  Hurts my heart.

Some worried brothers and sister were ready to great him the next morning!

Brave boy! Now, what to do for the next 6 weeks?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment