April 9, 2019

bridge run!

Twelve years ago, my most favorite guy ever ran the Cooper River Bridge run in Charleston with me, with a diamond ring tied to his shorts!  This past weekend we were back.  I wish I could say the run wasn't that bad, but that would be a lie.  You should train for a 10k, it's not like 'riding a bike.'  We ran that bridge in 1:03 and I was pretty pumped about it.  And then we ate and drank and napped and ate and drank some more and rainy weather and all it was perfect.  Next time you go, I got 3 delicious recommendations for you (although I have never had a bad meal in chucktown) - The  Establishment, Chez Nous, Fleet Landing.

Made it!
Grand-daddy found this throw back for us.  Only 12 years ago, but no camera phones, so not many pictures. Look at those acrylic nails.

Thanks to Tat-tat & Wu for taking care of the handsome savages.  They were supposed to have baseball games all day, but more rain.  They looked good though.

Bless them. I missed them.  But it was nice to be able to think or not think for 48 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment