March 26, 2010

confession

I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill and I am all out rooting for Duke tonight. There are only a handful of us, closet dookies, we just can't shake it out of our blood. I grew up a Duke fan - wore the cheerleading outfit, went to all of the home football losses, pretended I was sick and couldn't go to school if UNC beat Duke, I even cut out articles of 'hot' Duke basketball players and posted them on my wall.
I really do pull for UNC, I did run onto Franklin Street in 2005 when they won the National Championship with tarheel pride. I keep quiet when I think people are being whiney babies because it is only fair. I can't blame my fellow UNC'ers for hating me, but I had to get it out in the open.  For the record, even Charlie said this is one of his least hated Duke teams.
I have tried to fully convert to the other side, but let me tell you folks: it is easier said than done. I promise no little Duke onesies for the baby. (no promises on what my parents may dress him in...)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaaaa! YES! Sorry guys. Just can't shake it out of our systems.

    ReplyDelete