March 29, 2010

shrimp & grits

We made it over!  It was no record breaking pace...we enjoyed coffee during the first mile (it was cold & windy), picked it up a little during the last mile (holy moly this little boy was nestled right on my bladder), but it was a good time.  If I could go back, I might would do the exact same things; that is when you know it was a good trip.  We stayed at The Vendue Inn. FYI - check out priceline.com for your next hotel, you can pick what you want, where you want, and name the price.  If it does not give you a match you can just try again the next day.  Friday evening we had dinner at Carolina's.  I have been dreaming of these crab cakes ever since I had them on my bachelorette weekend, and they did not disappoint.  Saturday we went to my favorite spot, Fleet Landing.  When I lived in Charleston after graduation this was always a go to: good food, not too expensive and a great atmosphere.  Charlie finally got his shrimp & grits and I had a chicken sandwich with french fries.  I guess that is what you call a random pregnancy craving.  Other than that Charlie knocked back some beers and I kept up with some pralines. It was a great little vacay. 
Score - pregnant lady gets cushion recliner at the bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment