May 26, 2011

our 1 year old

Our little 1 year old is toning up nicely! Jackson is weighing in at 26.3 lbs (90%) and is 30.5 inches tall (75%) with a nice round head circumference of 18.9 inches (90%). He is a happy little fella with a cheesy-gap-tooth smile that lasts all day. He has about 10 teeth and is a big fan of brushing them. In fact he brushes his teeth about 6 times a day. It gives me a few minutes to brush my own and even get ready before his morning nap! Yep, he finally takes for real 1 hour morning and afternoon naps, knock on wood, and finally sleeps through the night, knock on wood. Every now and then he will have a little tantrum if I take something away from him. It last about 10 seconds and I can usually ask him where Greta is and he forgets why he was crying. He is a mover, loves to groove up and down when music is playing and has to go check on anything he hears. As in - the other day I could not find him, I looked up the stairs and he was straight chillen at the top with Greta, his bestest friend, helping her eat her bone. He loves hanging out on the stairs, just sitting there and looking at the TV and out the front door, it is cute, in a scary sort of way. He is a GREAT eater. The boy has a snack in between his snacks. We have kept it nice and healthy and he hasn't turned anything down except macaroni & cheese, which works out well for me. He loves fruit, waffles, chicken & rice and specifically Jersey Mike's turkey and cheese. He also doesn't mind sharing bites with you, but he is picky about which bite he will give you, can't have the good one! Like every mother, I think he is pretty smart. His show-off tricks are the classic wave bye-bye, 'show me your tongue' and 'where's your nose?' I can tell him dada is home and he walks to the front door grinning. I can't imagine a better greeting than that. I can tell him to give mama some love-love and he sucks his thumb, rubs his own hair and curls up on my chest. I can guarantee nothing is better than that.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big he is!! I want to see this little guy now that he has a personality!! Sounds like he is going to be a little heart breaker one day!

    ReplyDelete