June 12, 2012

summer 'camp'

Remember that nervous knot you used to get in your stomach on the first day of school or right before a big race or a speech in class?  The one that goes away the minute you actually start doing it.  I had almost forgotten that feeling.  Well it came back to me on Jackson's first day of 'summer camp.'  I was anxious, I have no idea why.  I wonder if I will get that feeling every time one of my boys starts something new.  I guess it is that motherly instinct, to want to always be there and always protect your child.
His 'camp' is 2 days a week from 9-12:30 and is right around the corner from our house.    He walked in on the first day and gave a little 'mama' whimper.  It took him approximately 20 seconds after that to find a dump truck to push around the room and he never looked back.
The best part about it (besides the fact that I got over 3 whole hours with only one sleeping baby!?!!), when we picked him up he ran over and gave Nash a serious kiss.  I asked if I could have one too, he gave me a cheese of a grin and squealed 'noooooooo.'  My little boy is growing up, I guess it is time for his mama to grow up too.

'Reading' to Nash, clearly something way more exciting is on the tv...

1 comment:

  1. aww, I am sure it was hard to drop Jackson off! Glad he liked it though! Love what a good big bro he is

    ReplyDelete