March 14, 2013

Day trips

Being a stay at home mom can feel like the movie Groundhog Day.  We get up, we drink milk, we change diapers, we eat breakfast, I clean up, we get dressed, I clean up, we go to the park, we eat lunch, I clean up, we nap, I clean up, we cry, we change clothes again, I clean up... yep, something like that.  Luckily the boys are good on the go.  To keep my sanity we have lots of play dates, get outside as much as possible and they run errands with me.  Whenever Charlie has the day off we try and do 'sumfin special.'  Sunday we drove out to Fearrington Village.  We had a great brunch, checked out the cows and goats, strolled along the paths and finished with some ice cream.  Maybe the best part about it, the boys took 2 hour naps afterwards.  It was just what we needed, a little dose of sunshine, a change of scenery, and a nice long snooze.  

It was a one arm kind of day.

Farmer Nash

1 comment:

  1. Fearrington - one of our favorite spots (and they just redid the cafe there)! What a fun time - so glad yall got to do that...the monotony of life with kids is hilarious at times!

    ReplyDelete