September 17, 2014

CSA

I finally jumped on the band wagon and joined a CSA, Community Supported Agriculture at Green Button Farm.  Every Monday they drop off a box of fresh produce, a dozen eggs and some sort of meat.  It is plenty for the week, especially considering my cooking skills. (or lack of…)  So far we have roasted a lot of vegetables, made a few casseroles and stuffed a whole chicken in the crock pot.  Everything has been delicious.  As long as it is doused in ketchup or ranch the big boys will even give it a try.  Send any easy veggie recipes my way or else all of this squash will be used as seasonal fall decor.
I even made collards!  They were pretty good, for collards.  I mean are collards ever really that good?  And an Apple Crisp, so good. I plan to try out lots and lots of Apple Crisp recipes.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment