December 15, 2017

Insect

Bragging on my sweet, smart, happy oldest boy - because he deserves it and makes me proud.  They had a class spelling bee a few weeks ago and Jackson won!  He got to attend the grade level spelling bee yesterday morning.  I was nervous.  I am a really bad speller (you have probably noticed).  Thankfully he only gets his looks from me and smarts from his dad.  He was not nervous or worried or stressed but just his smiley self.  Unfortunately, he got out in the 3rd round on 'insect.'  He kept his cool, smiled and went back to his seat.  After we walked him to his classroom and he let it flow.  'Insect wasn't even on the list! Why do they spell it like that? It makes no sense.  I need the big list for next year.'  His teacher walked right up and said what's going on Jackson.  He told her and she replied 'Well that's life dude, lets move on!'  His grin returned and he headed back to class.  Today I got a text from our carpool buddy.  'Jackson is the sweetest, he asked Winston if he could help him with the spelling bee list and called out words to him.'  And that is why I am so proud.


1 comment:

  1. For sure proud of these boys!!! I honestly cannot imagine standing in front of people and having to spell words! That is no easy task!

    ReplyDelete