January 26, 2011

8 month updates!

Since it looks like this blog is the closest thing Jackson is ever going to get to a 'Baby Book,' here are his top 10 things to do in no particular order. He is turning into a busy little boy and it is freaking me out!
1 - His favorite thing is still the walker. He maneuvers that thing around the house like an Indy race car driver. It has a nice buffer around it, thank goodness, because he is on the hunt to grab whatever he can.
2 - His favorite new toy is Fisher-Price Play & Learn Spanish Table. Personally I am already tired of hearing 'Red - Rojo, Blue - Azul' but I have learned a few things. It also has a music setting and he is learning to dance, as in head bangs. It looks like he may be 'blessed' with Winslow rhythm...
3 -Books! We still have to hold the book far away otherwise he just wants to put it in his mouth. His favorite is Eric Carle's 123.
4 - Puffs - I love watching his chunky fingers work so hard to pick up one of these only to drop it and try again. Most of them end up on the floor or stored away in his cheeks for later.
5 - The dog - They are going to be best friends, Greta just doesn't know it yet. He loves chasing her around and 'petting' her ears. Greta seems to really like Jackson when he is safely up in his high chair passing down some puffs.
6 - Giving kisses - ok, so maybe he is not giving kisses but I pretend he is. He loves to grab my face and bite my chin with a big smile. It is what I do to him all day long so I can't blame him!
7 - Waller - Apparently this is not a real word, but you know what it means right? He is this close to crawling, and I am not gonna help him figure it out.
8 - Cups - Do not be confused, adult cups are way cooler than sippie cups. He will chew on a Jersey Mike's paper cup for hours.
9 - Shopping carts - he loves to go to the grocery store, Target, etc, and sit in the cart swinging his feet. He just looks around and flirts with any willing grandma that walks by.
10 - His mama - yep nothing beats the way he holds out his arms for me when I walk into the room. As soon as I get him he sticks his thumb in his mouth and pulls my pony tail. I guess you could call it his comfort spot, I love it. (most of the time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment