January 21, 2011

Round 7

We saw The Fighter last night, it was the first movie Charlie and I have seen in theatre since before Jackson was born, and we thought it was awesome. I am not sure what was the best part; the movie, popcorn and m&ms, no interruptions?! I was thinking about the movie last night around 2am. I was on round 3 of going up to try and calm down Jackson. We tried the cry it out method. You know what they all say; the first night the baby cries for 30 minutes (this was true and it worked, I was getting excited), the second night 15, the third 7, and then none. What they don't tell you about is the baby who cries for 45 minutes the second night, sleeps for 3 minutes, then cries for another 45 minutes and on and on and on... It seems the only thing Jackson wanted to do was have me hold him and sway him just that perfect way. I channelled my inner fighter, switched up on my arms and threw in a few squats. Figured while I was up and wide awake I might as well. I am feeling particularly jacked this morning and Jackson did sleep till 9:30am so it wasn't so bad after all. I think (hope) he is teething. He still just has the two big bottom ones. He is a cute little hill-billie. I had to remind myself that around 4am.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww...hope you both get a nap in later today. I'm not at all surprised that you threw in some squats tho.

    ReplyDelete