January 19, 2012

discipline

We have not had to really start 'disciplining' Jackson just yet.  He knows when I say 'No Jackson' in a stern voice that he should probably not even be near what he is about to do. (jump off couch, bite my shoulder, pour out his drink or food) He usually gets upset and comes and gives me a hug.  If I say 'nooo' in a you know you shouldn't be doing that voice, he looks at me a lot, smiles and then gives it another shot.  He is a little charmer on the brink of disaster at any moment.  Admittedly there is some stuff he should not do that I let him do because it keeps him busy.  Other moms do this right?  Like let him put toilet paper in the toilet and flush it over and over and over. 

One of his favorites things to do is climb in my bottom drawer and 'sort' all of my jewelry.  Nothing beats throwing everything out of a box onto the floor and then putting it back into the box and doing it again.  I have at least made a nice jewelry pile and a Jackson jewelry pile.  All the while I hope no major damage is done, and get a few minutes to wash my face and brush my teeth.  

1 comment:

  1. There are definitely things I look over gently in order to get my teeth brushed etc. I'd say T empties the bookshelf atleast 4 times a day (I need to work on the reshelving part)!

    ReplyDelete