January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

A New Year's Prayer 

May God make your year a happy one!
Not by shielding you from all sorrows and pain,
But by strengthening you to bear it, as it comes;
Not by making your path easy,
But by making you sturdy to travel any path;
Not by taking hardships from you,
But by taking fear from your heart;
Not by granting you unbroken sunshine,
But by keeping your face bright, even in the shadows;
Not by making your life always pleasant,
But by showing you when people and their causes need you most,
and by making you anxious to be there to help.
God's love, peace, hope and joy to you for the year ahead.
~ Anonymous



Happy 2014!  I made it to midnight last night.  It may have been because I was eating ice cream, watching football and changing peed through diapers, but I made it up.  The Farris family resolutions are to eat a little healthier (don't you have to say that), read a few books (that is for me, all the boys around here are serious readers already), put down my cell phone (I deleted Facebook off of it for fear I was becoming that mom at the park, it will suck you right in) and I promise to gain at least 20 more pounds between now and May.  Ahhh pregnant lady resolutions.  Let's do this 2014.  

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for deleting facebook off your phone - I wish I had enough courage to do that. Social media is certainly ruining us all. And come borrow my jewelry ANY time...seriously. I need to clean it out and downsize anyway...and jewelry fits no matter what size you are (your belly might grow and your feet swell, but necklaces fit forever!!!)

    ReplyDelete