May 22, 2014

The Hospital

We had a pretty smooth labor and delivery at Duke Regional Hospital.  The same doctor that did my c-section for Jackson and Nash also did it for Theo, which rarely ever happens.  We headed in early Monday morning for the surgery.  Much to my surprise Theo was not early like his brothers.  It makes me wonder how long he could have actually stayed in and how big and hairy he could have gotten! Everything went smoothly besides a little mishap with my spinal tap and blood pressure.  Talk about a major headache.  I didn't notice any of the surgery going on since my head was about to explode the whole time, so we will say it was a good thing...  Right at 8:29 the doctor pulled out a long, screaming, peeing baby and my heart was full.  Charlie got some awesome pictures that I won't post on here but it is amazing that this boy came out of my stomach!  The doctor said everything looked good but my uterus lining was very thin and I could not have done a v-back.  He sewed it extra tight (like my medical terminology?) and said if I decided to have another child I could but would have to be very careful and have an early c-section.  This may be a sign from God that 3 boys will be plenty for this mama to handle.  We stayed in the hospital for 2 nights and Theo was great the whole time.  As in, he slept, cried, ate, peed, 'soiled' and repeat.  He also got in a lot of good cuddling time from his mama and family.  Theo is going to fit in just perfectly.

Some good mama loving.

Nope, not opening my eyes, not gonna do it.  

Big Brother Jackson is an awesome baby holder, he likes to limit his time to about 20 seconds.  

Big brother Nash is also an excellent baby holder, but an even better pointer of all things worthy of squishing in.  

Yep, he has all his facial features and lots of HAIR, Jackson's favorite part!

Our first family of FIVE picture.  

Whew, this place is LOUD.


3 comments:

  1. Family of five!! Congrats congrats!! I hope you're feeling good. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! So glad everything is going great. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that fam of five! Glad all went smoothly! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete