January 20, 2018

Snowpocalypse

We got some SNOW.  Like for real snow.  It started Wednesday morning when we woke up and then continued to snow all day long.  I don't think I have ever seen this much real snow, definitely not around here.  It was beautiful outside.  It was also cold and we are still lacking in the snow gear department.  I ordered some cheap bibs from Target today.  That should guarantee no more snow around here!  This did not stop us from getting out there, at least for a little while.  Did you know it takes approximately 1 hour to get 4 kids and myself geared up and out the door?  Did you know it takes approximately 5 minutes to soak your gloves and socks and need to come inside?  We all got better each time we went out and they started to believe me when I said they needed 2 pairs of socks in their rain boots and should wear the water proof gloves even if they don't fit that well. The good news is Winnie and I were so hot and sweaty by the time we got out there that the cold air was welcome.  Home girl is a back breaker, but I wasn't going to put her down in the snow.  We missed daddy, but people still gotta eat and nothing beats a warm cheesesteak sub.

Just the beginning.  Poor Winnie, gazing out the front door, come on mom!

Neighborhood boys working on a snow fort.

Neighborhood Parkway on Charlie's drive home. A winter wonderland.

Looking out our back door.  Those are winter lights, not Christmas lights.

Tried to play basketball...

Pink snuggle bug nug!

No comments:

Post a Comment