April 1, 2010

31 weeks - no joke

With about 9 weeks to go I am starting to get anxious (and uncomfortable)! The little man is gaining weight rapidly this week and now weighs about 3.3 pounds and is over 16 inches long! Overall, the pregnancy has been very pleasant and I have honestly not minded it at all. No morning sickness or swollen ankles as of yet. I am starting to get tired during the day, but can’t sleep at night with this basketball tied to my stomach. I also have super vivid dreams. I guess my body is just preparing me for what is to come. I do have terrible heartburn. I feel like an 80 year old man at night grunting as I get off the couch to take a Zantac and fix me a bowl or two of ice cream. It helps, I promise! I miss wine, raw cookie dough, sushi dates, unpasteurized cheese on salads, a good night sleeps, and a good run (sometimes). But I am sure when I am not pregnant I will miss not having to hold in my stomach, never turning down a cookie (or any food for that matter), his kicks, and not having him protected by the world in my big ol belly at all times.

1 comment:

  1. After the lil man arrives you can always count me in for 1/2 price sushi and wine at Kanki :)

    ReplyDelete