April 29, 2010

labor music?

At the doctor's office I was eavesdropping on some momma conversation and they were talking about what type of music they listened to while giving birth. One listened to an old Sarah McLachlan CD. Building a Mystery could be appropriate. The other listened to some 'soft selections' that a friend had given to her. Do I need a birthing CD? (first a nursing bra, a pediatrician, and baby health insurance - but that is boring stuff) I was thinking more along the lines of How Low Can You Go (who doesn't have a secret crush on Luda and the whole weird chipmunk thing is kind of kid friendly...). I am open for suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. with Silas I had some ocean/rain sounds on the ipod. I don't remember hearing them.

    with Savannah we had the Ipod and speakers with us but I was more concerned about focusing and getting her out sans medication that I didn't have time to think about music. It would have just been extra noise!

    I will say it was nice to have the ipod and speakers loaded with music for the time after the babes entered the world. it made the boring hospital room a little better at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cosign some Luda, maybe a little Lady GaGa and once he's fully in the world play some Enya! LOL I am just having too much fun upfront reading this

    ReplyDelete