April 6, 2010

what's in a name

I was going to try and keep it a secret, but I hate secrets. So... we have decided on a name for the little man, Jackson Arthur Farris. Unless, he just doesn't look the part. For example - he is a she. But he is not camera shy about his man parts so I think we are safe.
Jackson has been a favorite of mine for a long time and it is my grandmother's maiden name. Arthur is both of our grandfather's middle names.
The only other final name contender was Jacob/Jake. This guy came along and helped rule out that name. There is one more, but I am really keeping it a secret just in case we have a house full of boys one day. :)

A few nicknames will include -
Jack
Jack-Sprat
Cracker-Jack
Jack-in-the-box
J-mania
Jackie-Chan-Man
J-$
Run DMJ
Snoop D-O-double-J

Feel free to add to the list.

4 comments:

  1. I thought you would surely do a dook post. Lucky me! :) Sike. I LOVE JAF! Cannot wait to welcome little karate man to the world {Jackie Chan that is}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack the Cribber
    Jack Cryrouac
    Jack Ba(by)uer

    or Jackson is just fine! Love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie Chan man is sticking!!!! Although I do love snoop D-O-double-J! I'm gonna miss that baby bump, but can't wait for J-man to get here, loveee to the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe I'm just discovering your blog. Jackson is absolutely my hands down favorite boys name! Love it!

    ReplyDelete