April 4, 2013

big boy

We headed to the #1 ranked Tarheels baseball game the other night.  Jackson loved every minute of it.  He watched a good 2 innings in his seat.  Asking a lot of 'whys' and gut laughing when a batter 'missed' the ball.  I told him he could yell as loud as he wanted to the players.  He hollered out 'I got $20 in my pocket! I gotta pop some tags!'  Noted, I need to start being more aware as to what station we are listening to in the car.  He then found a ball and headed out to play some 'toss and catch' with me until he saw some big boys.  He told me, 'you don't need to play with me anymore mom' and headed over to where everyone else was.  My heart broke a little when he told me that and then again at how sweet the other boys were with him.  I think they were all very surprised when he informed them he was 2 1/2 not 5.  My baby Jackson is growing too fast!


2 comments:

  1. Bittersweet how fast they grow! He definitely looks like a Winslow in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) this made me smile...I hope I will handle Emma wanting to play without me just as good as you did here!

    ReplyDelete