November 20, 2013

thankful


We have a banner hanging over our kitchen window that says, 'be thankful.'  I pull it out every year for some added Thanksgiving decor.  I don't know why I don't keep it up all year long, on my front porch for that matter.  I often get caught in the day to day things and forget to take a look around, or right under my feet, at all that I have been blessed with.  Thankfully every now and then God throws me a curve ball to remind me that he is in charge.  


This was a good one.  I am a planner.  For example, I like to know exactly when my children will be born, exactly how far apart they will be, if they will be a boy or girl (ha).  But it sure is nice to know that I am NOT in charge.  Can you imagine, I am a little bit crazy.  So thanks be to God, the Farris family is welcoming another little nugget in May.  We will have a 3 year old (ok, almost 4 but 3 sounds more dramatic and I feel like being dramatic) a 2 year old and a little baby that will sleep through the night because our toddler doesn't (ok God!?).  For all of this I am so thankful! Now pray for me ya'll.  

3 comments:

  1. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a little girl for her cousin Brooklyn!!! So fun that they will only be 5 months apart :) Let the good times roll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tat Tat is so happy and blessed by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for yall, and for your friendship. Life is crazy and we may not see each other as much as we like, but Brent, Emma, and I are thankful for all FIVE Farrises!!! Praying for calm, sleep, laughter, and some planning for you!!!

    ReplyDelete