June 22, 2015

Nana

The sweetest soul I have ever know went to heaven last week.  Julia Josephine Jackson Frederick, my Nana, went to be with her Lord.  She lived 85 glorious years.  Lucky for me I got to spend 32 of those years with her.  My best childhood memories usually involved Nana.  Every summer I would go and spend a few nights at she and Papa's house.  We never did anything extravagant.  We went to the 'curb market,' church, beauty parlor, Frederick's music store and if all went well, The Dollar Store.  I got to pick out anything I wanted.  :)  In the afternoon she let me help cook dinner, usually my choice, spaghetti, for everyone.  Someone was always coming over to eat.  For dessert we made fudge and I got to eat as much as I wanted.  At night she painted my nails and did my make-up and put my hair up in pink foam rollers.  I would stay up late and make lists on a note pad of what we needed to do the next day.  We always did some sort of craft - make a pillow, paint something, sew up a doll.  She was your story book grandmother.  As I grew older she would call and check in every few weeks.  Always asking about Charlie, Jackson, Nash and Theo.  She loved and cared for so many in her life.  May I grow to be more like my Nana.  Proverbs 31:10-31

Nana, my mom and sisters.  

Jo Jackson' s Senior picture.  They same year she caught my Papa's eye.  High School sweethearts and married for 65 years.

I just love everything about this picture.  Papa had just returned from a trip on a singing tour in Japan.  My great-grandparents and Nana greeting him at the airport.  

1 comment:

  1. Love this post Bex! So sweet and such a good loving role model!!

    ReplyDelete