April 5, 2016

Heart-breaker

The mighty-mighty Tarheels had a nail-biting, last-second shot, game-ending heartbreaker for the National Championship last night.  Talk about emotional.  If you did not see it, turn on ESPN, I can only imagine how long the last 2 shots will be played over and over.  I had to break the news to the boys this morning (they fell asleep, whew, thank-goodness).  Jackson didn't believe me at first and asked if they did a replay.  Then he asked when we got to play Villanova again.  'Hmmm, well second in the whole world is still pretty good.'  Yes it is!  And if we played again, I bet we would win, just saying.  It's a good day to be a Tar Heel.

Jackson.  The Monday after Spring Break is not so bad when your team is playing for the National Championship!

Nash.  I think he is getting some arm muscles already?!

Theo.  No chill.

Pre-gaming.  We had dinner out for a previously scheduled benefit. I loved being around town and all of the tar heel gear!

Ice-cream and home to bed.  Charlie and I 'settled' in on the couch.  I still feel like I was punched in the gut.  For real, it was one for the record books.

No comments:

Post a Comment