January 11, 2013

pause

I have to remind myself that these boys will not stay young forever.  Soon they will no longer want me to hold them.  They will not want me to give them 100 kisses, get their sugar or give group hugs.  They will not yell 'I lub you mommy' in front of friends.  I have to soak up all of this wonderful innocent love.  Some days I count down the minutes till nap time or bed time or daddy time or baby sitter time to just have a moment for myself.  But it does not take long to miss them.  Today at the park a neighbor asked how we were doing and who was watching the baby.  The 'baby' is toddling around eating sand over there.  She could not believe the baby was no longer a baby.  For a minute I could not believe it either.  What happened to my babies?  I must remember that these boys will not stay young forever.  Yes, I am ready for potty training to be done, to stop washing bottles, and to quit patting backs at 3am, or at least I think I am ready.

'ohh my goodness a ladybug is in our house! why it do that? get outta here ladybug!'

1 comment: