December 4, 2015

CSA

We are still getting a weekly CSA from Green Button Farm.  I have enjoyed it but I am really looking forward to taking a break from it for a while.  My kids don't like collards or cabbage or kale or mustard greens or sweet potatoes or beets or acorn squash etc...  And I am kind of over it myself.  Sometimes you just want a big ol batch of ground beef marinara sauce without having to think of ways to sneak some veggies in there before they go bad.  Here are some of the 'keeper' recipes we have done this fall -

Spaghetti Squash with Bacon, Spinach & Goat Cheese.
Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup.
Butternut Squash, Mushroom, Kale & Sausage Fritatta.
(We did a lot of fritattas with a whole lot of cheese)
Sweet Potato, Sausage Soup

And lets be real what I really like to do is go out to dinner with friends.  We have had a few wine dinners lately that we won through a silent auction.  Last week was Oval Park Grille in Durham, yummmm and last night was Coquette in Raleigh, holy yummy.  In both of these cases the food and fellowship was worth the headache.  Rise and shine MAAAMMM!

Who you talking bout mom?!

No comments:

Post a Comment