May 31, 2016

God Bless the USA!

We had a nice little Memorial Day at our house, complete with a lot of Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA blared over the computer speakers.  That song gets me every time.  I cannot imagine the sacrifices our military and their families go through every single day.  Despite the political hoopla, I am very proud to be an American and hope to instill this love in my boys.
It was overcast in Chapel Hill but no real rain so we hit up the park, had lunch with dad at Jersey Mike's, watched a Tarheel Lacrosse victory and hit up a birthday cookout.  The Tarheels brought home the Men & Women's championship trophies.  I know little to nothing about lacrosse but it was pretty exciting to watch yesterday...



Theo was napping during the game so I kept having to tell Jackson and Nash to quiet down.  I told them when we win (hopeful) they could do whatever they wanted but don't scream really loud.  Jackson said he was going to dump water all over himself - ahm, nope you can't do that either.  Needless to say things escalated pretty quickly over here...

No comments:

Post a Comment